WCEST offers a small number of supplemental travel grants to eligible and selected student authors who plan to present and publish a registered paper in WCEST Conferences.
What does this grant cover?
Each grant is intended to partially reimburse travel expenses (airfare, ground transportation, and/or hotel). Meals and the conference registration fee are not eligible for reimbursement. Grants typically range from $100-$200 USD per domestic traveler and $200-$300 USD per international traveler, but may be less.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a full-time student author in a high school, undergraduate, or graduate program, which will present your accepted paper at a WCEST conference and submit your manuscript to be published in the Proceedings of WCEST.
- You must submit your complete application and a letter of recommendation from your advisor or department head before the early bird round of registration. In other rounds of registration student author travel grant will not be considered.
Who is NOT eligible?
- Postdoctoral students (students who have completed their PhD, ScD, or MD program) are NOT eligible.
- If you have already received a WCEST Student Author Travel for the past conferences of WCEST.
- If you have received a WCEST Officer Travel Grant this year, or within the last 12 months, you are NOT eligible.
How do I apply?
If you are eligible to apply, and you have received your official acceptance notification email from WCEST and already registered for the conference. Please send us the request in writing with the recommendation of your supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.