The membership categories include Individual and Institutional. In the Individual member category there are five grades namely Fellow, Senior, Scholars, Associate Member, and Student, whereas Institutional membership includes Corporate Institutions and Educational Institutions. All the membership categories are subject to approval by the advisory committee of WCEST.
1. Individual Membership
The WCEST is inviting life time membership application from individuals to strengthens, expands and connect to the R&D activities for the following categories.
(a) Fellow Member:
The grade of Fellow is conferred to Doctors, Engineers and Scientists and shall be to a person of distinction and outstanding qualifications, and who has made extraordinary contributions in the reWCESTective field.
Generally members with the Age + Relevant Experience = 80
(b) Senior Member:
The grade of Senior Member is conferred to those who have made significant professional contribution in the relevant fields. Besides the benefits of the regular members, Senior Members are invited to join the different committees of Associated Networks of WCEST or the Journal Editorial Board or Reviewers of the Journals and Conferences. The candidate shall be either:
- A PhD holder from an accredited educational Institution can directly entered in the grade of Senior Member (Age of the Member + Relevant Experience=45)
- A Post Graduate and a Member of the WCEST for 5 years (Age of the Member + Relevant Experience=55)
- A graduate from a course of study from an accredited educational Institution and a Member of the WCEST for 10 years.
(Age of the Member + Relevant Experience = 65)
(c) Research Scholars:
Graduate and/or Postgraduate Doctors and Engineers can join to WCEST as Members. The grade of Member is a professional grade limited to those who have demonstrated professional competence in their reWCESTective fields.
- Age of the Members + Experience after Masters Degree=30
- Age of the Members + Experience after Bachelor Degree=35
(d) Associate Member:
Any Diploma/Degree/Certificate/Technical/ persons can become an Associate Member of WCEST. The governing committee may however enroll an individual directly as a member if the applicant may have even less qualification but having competent experience.
(e) Student Member:
The grade of Student is limited to:
- Those who passed 10 + 2 academic program and completed the 18 years old can enrolled for a medical or engineering or science or research UG degree course either full time or part time at accredited educational institutions and carrying at least thirty percent of a normal full time academic program.
- Those who are student members of any technical or scientific Society with interest common to the WCEST.
2. Institutional Membership
We also welcome all the Engineering Professionals, Industries, Organizations and Technical Engineering Colleges & Universities to join us to exchange information and ideas; in according with our objective to facilitate this, we call upon to network with us. The Institutional membership includes Corporate Institutions and Educational Institutions.
Institutional members can start WCEST Chapter only if 25 members (in any category) are attached to the Specific institution.
Benefits to WCEST Members
Benefits to Members: In order to create value to its members, the WCEST has planned various schemes and some of them include:
- Certificate of life time membership will be given to all the members.
- Discount on registration fee (generally 30%) for all the International Conferences conducted by the WCEST and its Associate Networks.
- Discount on registration fee (generally 30%) for all the International Journals of WCEST.
- The members can apply and avail 30% discount on fee for any seminars/workshop//training courses as and when the announcement is made.
- The WCEST promotes and provides financial support for research work in the areas of Science and Technology.
- The Members can opt for a Research Group, wherein you can get the updates on recent advancements and issues in their respective research area.
- WCEST also publishes number of International Journals. A preference will be given to the WCEST members for the review and early publication if a paper is accepted.
- Absolutely free e-access to all the Conference Proceedings and Journals published.
Now you may joint Research Groups which is your area of research. You can also associate with the chapter which is related your origination. You can start a new Research Groups and Chapter if you do not find one. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org